Before creating a new course, you need to decide if you will access the course directly on Peerceptiv's site or if you will connect the course to your LMS. The course creation method cannot be changed, so please make sure you are starting in the right place, either Peerceptiv's website or your LMS.
If you are using Peerceptiv directly,
- Open app.peerceptiv.com and log in.
- You will see a screen that gives you the opportunity to create a new course or join an existing course. Click New Course unless you are joining an existing course as a TA or co-teacher.
- If you are creating a new course, select Create Course. If you want to copy an existing course and are NOT connecting this course to your LMS, click Copy Course.
- If you select Copy a Course, you can either copy a previous course that you have set up or a course template that an administrator or colleague has set up. You can view the course
- Then, fill in the course details. Scroll below for more information about the course setup options.
If you are creating a course that is linked to your LMS,
Complete the LMS set-up directions and you will be taken directly to the course overview screen the first time that you either click on the Peerceptiv course navigation link or create an assignment link in a new LMS course. Each course in your LMS will have one-to-one correspondence with a Peerceptiv course.
Course Setup Options
Course Name: Tip: If you teach multiple sections of the same course or you teach the course every year, add the section or semester information to the course name or label for easier identification.
Discipline: Please enter the basic subject or area the course covers.
Institution: Please use the full name of your institution.
Check that the semester, year and time zone are correct. If your course runs longer than a semester, use the semester when the class starts.
Label: You can add a label with additional identifying information if desired.
Enrollment Seats: Use the default Enrollment Seats Purchased by Instructor if you have a campus-wide or department level agreement or if you plan to purchase a faculty seat pack. Select Enrollment Seats Purchased by Students if your students will be purchasing seats directly with credit card payments or if they are going to pay via the school bookstore and use a special order code.
- Keep Sync Mode if you plan for students to move through the assignment phases according to set deadlines and use our accuracy-based grading. This is the most common method and works for courses that meet in person or are fully online and courses of any size.
- Select Async Mode if you're interested in a self-paced assignment that is free of set deadlines and uses threshold grading. (This mode is generally not recommended for courses with less than 50 students).
Click Create to finish the course creation process.
If you are using Peerceptiv directly via the website, you can now click on the course to set up assignments and add students. However, if you are using Peerceptiv in an LMS, make sure that all assignments are first created as an assignment-level link in the LMS and that you click in via the assignment-level link first. DO NOT create assignments via the course level navigation link or they will not be properly connected.
The course overview screen displays the course, semester, university, and number of students enrolled.
Click on the three dots on the upper right corner of the course to make edits to the course settings, copy the join code, delete, copy or archive it.