Peerceptiv, the research-validated peer assessment technology, improves critical thinking skills by engaging students in the role of the teacher. Peerceptiv is the leader in peer learning and collaboration software and has expanded to include peer evaluation and 360 degree-style evaluation assignments, in which students evaluate themselves and their peers on their group participation, leadership, and collaboration skills.
Peerceptiv automatically scales no matter how many students there are, allowing instructors to more easily assign the tasks that build these skills. Peer assessment using Peerceptiv works in the classroom or online, and makes assessment part of the learning process itself.
Peerceptiv uses accountability and analytics to ensure consistently high learning outcomes.
- Peerceptiv Holds Students Accountable – Students have to apply themselves in the review phase of a peer assessment assignment, which research has shown is the key to effective peer learning for both the receiver and giver of feedback.
- Peerceptiv Generates Instructor Analytics – Only Peerceptiv generates the data to confirm for instructors that learning objectives are being met, identify students in need of intervention, and provide guidance on rubric improvement.
Peerceptiv peer assessment assignments follow a simple 3-step process:
- Students upload their completed work products into Peerceptiv.
- Students review their peers' submissions, providing qualitative comments and quantitative ratings.
- Students then read the reviews they received and give feedback on the helpfulness and specificity of those reviews.
Peerceptiv peer assessments generate grades and results that are proven to be as valid and reliable as those given by an instructor, while eliminating bias and improving equity in the classroom.