Please note that these directions assume that Peerceptiv has already been configured for your course by a Blackboard administrator at your institution. For questions about how to get Peerceptiv configured for your Blackboard course, please contact Peerceptiv Support.
If your course is set to the new view in Blackboard Ultra, please view our instructions for using Peerceptiv in Blackboard Ultra.
If you plan to use Peerceptiv in Blackboard, you must always start by creating a new assignment link in Blackboard for each Peerceptiv assignment. Then, instructors and students can access those assignments by clicking the links in Blackboard.
Note: There are at least two versions of Blackboard Learn. If you don't have a Content tab or have a tab that says Build Content when you go into your Blackboard course, please jump to the section below on creating a Peerceptiv assignment link through Assessments.
Create a Peerceptiv Assignment Link in Blackboard
1. On your Blackboard course screen, click the Content tab.
2. Click “Build Content” and choose Peerceptiv. If Peerceptiv does not appear in your Build Content tab, please contact your Blackboard administrator to make sure that Peerceptiv has been configured for your course.
3. Add a name and assignment description.
4. In the Grading section, make sure that “Enable Evaluation” is set to Yes.
5. Set the “Points Possible” to the amount of points you would like this assignment to count for in the Blackboard gradebook. Peerceptiv will send a percentage grade back to the gradebook and it will automatically be converted to the equivalent point value.
6. Make sure that “Visible to Students” is set to Yes.
7. Either leave the Due Date blank or, if you choose to enter a Due Date, we recommend choosing the same date as the submission deadline in Peerceptiv.
8. Under Options, you may leave date and time restrictions blank. If you do set them, make sure that the dates allow for students to participate in the entire assignment process (reviewing, feedback, and results) in Peerceptiv.
9. Click Submit
10. Click on the newly created link to the Peerceptiv assignment.
The first time you create a Peerceptiv assignment in a new course, you’ll be taken to your course creation page. Choose Create a New Course and complete all Peerceptiv-side course settings and click Create.
Then, close the Peerceptiv tab and click back in from the Blackboard assignment link. Now, you should be taken to the assignment creation page. You can choose to use a Standard Workflow, Build a Custom Assignment or Copy an Assignment. When finished, be careful not to create additional assignments on the Peerceptiv side unless you have clicked in from a corresponding Blackboard assignment link.
Students will be automatically added to the roster and when they click the link in Blackboard, they will go directly to that assignment in Peerceptiv.
Creating a Peerceptiv assignment link through 'assessments'
If your Blackboard version does not have a Contents tab, please follow these directions:
1. Go to a content area of your course.
2. At the top, select Assessments, then select Peerceptiv.
3. Fill in the required information for the assignment and make sure you check the box for 'Enable evaluations.' This box MUST be checked for the assignment to work.
4. You now have a Peerceptiv assignment in your course. Please click on the link to create a new course and set up assignment(s) in Peerceptiv.
Note If you or your students have difficulties opening the assignment, please try launching (opening) it in a new tab. You may also need to use a preferred browser, Firefox or Chrome.