These directions are for using Peerceptiv within the Sakai Learning Management System. Peerceptiv must be already configured in your school's instance of Sakai in order for you to proceed. If Peerceptiv has not been configured, please contact your school's Sakai administrator and also Peerceptiv support.
Peerceptiv and other external learning tools are configured in Sakai through Lessons. Once Peerceptiv has been configured for the Lessons tool, you can now add a link to Peerceptiv on a page in the Lessons tool.
1. You MUST start on a page in Lessons, then go to Add Content and then Add External Tool.
2. Select Peerceptiv from the list of tools already configured for your school's instance of Sakai. Click on Peerceptiv. The tool title you enter should be the title of your assignment. There is a one to one assignment correspondence between each link in Lessons and each assignment in Peerceptiv. This means that you will also need to create a link in Lessons for each assignment you want to have in Peerceptiv. Save.
3. The external tool link will now appear in the Lessons tab. Click on the small pencil icon in Lessons to edit the settings for the assignment and click Display Options. Choose Open in a New Window and then Save.
Please note: If you are using Peerceptiv for multiple assignments, please edit the assignment name to match each assignment name in the syllabus. Each Peerceptiv assignment MUST have its own link in Sakai for the grades to pass back correctly.
4. Click on the newly created link in the Lessons tool. The "Create a Course" screen will display. Click to Create a New Course. DO NOT copy a course - it will not create individual assignment links in Sakai and grades will not be able to pass back for any of those assignments. Enter the information for your course, then click on the Submit button. (Please see our "Create a New Course" article.)
5. Close the Peerceptiv window after you have created your course. Then, click the link in Lessons again. You should see our assignment creation wizard. You can now use our assignment creation wizard to add a Peerceptiv assignment workflow, build your own assignment, or copy an assignment.
6. Create a new link in Lessons for each Peerceptiv assignment you want to have. Follow steps 1-3 and 5 above for each assignment.
Important: DO NOT add a Peerceptiv link to the left-side menu in your Sakai course. This will break the links for your other Peerceptv assignments in the Lessons tool, and it will block students from accessing all the assignments in the course.
If you have any problems while using Peerceptiv in Sakai, please email email@example.com.