These directions are for using Peerceptiv within the Sakai Learning Management System. Peerceptiv must be already configured in your school's instance of Sakai in order for you to proceed. If Peerceptiv has not been configured, please contact your school's Sakai administrator and also Peerceptiv support.
Peerceptiv and other external learning tools are configured in Sakai through Lessons. Once Peerceptiv has been configured for the Lessons tool, you can now add a link to Peerceptiv on a page in the Lessons tool.
1. You MUST start on a page in Lessons, then go to Add Content and then Add External Tool.
2. Select Peerceptiv from the list of tools already configured for your school's instance of Sakai. Click on Peerceptiv and then Save.
3. The external tool will now appear in the Lessons tab. You can click on the assignment name and edit it if you want to change the name.
Please note: If you are using Peerceptiv for multiple assignments, please edit the assignment name to match each assignment name in the syllabus. Each Peerceptiv assignment MUST have its own link in Sakai for the grades to pass back correctly.
4. Click on the newly created link in the Lessons tool. The "Create a Course" screen will display. Enter the information for your course, then click on the Submit button. (Please see our "Create a New Course" article.)
5. You can now use our assignment creation wizard to add a Peerceptiv assignment workflow, build your own assignment, or copy an assignment.
Important: DO NOT add a Peerceptiv link to the left-side menu in your Sakai course. This will break the links for your other Peerceptv assignments in the Lessons tool, and it will block students from accessing all the assignments in the course.
If you have any problems while using Peerceptiv in Sakai, please email email@example.com.