Peerceptiv, the research-validated peer assessment technology, improves critical thinking skills by engaging students in the role of the teacher.
Peerceptiv automatically scales no matter how many students there are, allowing instructors to more easily assign the tasks that build these skills. Peer assessment using Peerceptiv works in the classroom or online, and makes assessment part of the learning process itself.
Peerceptiv uses accountability and analytics to ensure consistently high learning outcomes.
- Peerceptiv Holds Students Accountable – Students have to apply themselves in the review phase, which research has shown is the key to effective peer assessment for both the receiver and giver of feedback.
- Peerceptiv Generates Instructor Analytics – Only Peerceptiv generates the data to confirm for instructors that learning objectives are being met, identify students in need of intervention, and provide guidance on rubric improvement.
Peerceptiv assignments follow a simple 3-step process:
- Students upload their completed work products into Peerceptiv.
- Students review their peers' submissions, providing qualitative comments and quantitative ratings.
- Students then read the reviews they received and give feedback on the helpfulness and specificity of those reviews (back-evaluations).
This video provides an additional overview of the teacher process.