Please note that these directions assume that Peerceptiv has already been configured for your course by a Blackboard administrator at your institution. For questions about how to get Peerceptiv configured for your Blackboard course, please contact Peerceptiv Support.
If your course is set to the new view in Blackboard Ultra, please view our instructions for using Peerceptiv in Blackboard Ultra.
If you plan to use Peerceptiv in Blackboard, you must always start by creating a new assignment link in Blackboard for each Peerceptiv assignment. Then, instructors and students can access those assignments by clicking the links in Blackboard.
Create a Peerceptiv Assignment Link in Blackboard
1. On your Blackboard course screen, click the Content tab.
2. Click “Build Content” and choose Peerceptiv. If Peerceptiv does not appear in your Build Content tab, please contact your Blackboard administrator to make sure that Peerceptiv has been configured for your course.
3. Add a name and assignment description.
4. In the Grading section, make sure that “Enable Evaluation” is set to Yes.
5. Set the “Points Possible” to the amount of points you would like this assignment to count for in the Blackboard gradebook. Peerceptiv will send a percentage grade back to the gradebook and it will automatically be converted to the equivalent point value.
6. Make sure that “Visible to Students” is set to Yes.
7. Either leave the Due Date blank or, if you choose to enter a Due Date, we recommend choosing the same date as the submission deadline in Peerceptiv.
8. Under Options, you may leave date and time restrictions blank. If you do set them, make sure that the dates allow for students to participate in the entire assignment process (reviewing, feedback, and results) in Peerceptiv.
9. Click Submit
10. Click on the newly created link to the Peerceptiv assignment. When you click this link, you’ll be automatically taken to the Peerceptiv course wizard (if this is your first time setting up an assignment in this course) where you will go through the process of setting up the Peerceptiv-side course settings. If you have set up an assignment in this course before, you'll see the Peerceptiv assignment wizard and you can choose to copy an assignment or create a new assignment. When students first access this assignnment, they'll be automatically added to the student roster within Peerceptiv.